Gateway Pest Management Inc. Is seeking Pest Route Technician to join its industry. In this position you will provide timely and cost effective pest detection, elimination and prevention solutions to an established route of Residential and commercial customers. Commercial businesses such as restaurants, hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, schools, retail stores, and food and beverage processing plants. Make your service and sales expertise work for you.
Establish effective working relationships with a variety of customers and partner with them on best practices to identify and solve pest problems. Keep abreast of Gateway product/service offerings and industry conditions, to enhance service and sales of pest prevention/elimination solutions. This position is classified as heavy work
- Candidate must reside in NYC and surrounding area
- Route territory will include: New York City; 5 major boroughs
- Work week and shift: Monday – Friday, hours vary in start times and Sunday overtime work available
- A valid certificate as a Certified Commercial Pesticide Applicator for Industrial, Institutional, structural and Rodent Control (7A) issued by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation. This certificate must be maintained for the duration of appointment.
- For appointment to certain positions, at the time of appointment eligible must possess a clean (No unpaid violations or points deducted) Motor Vehicle Driver License valid in the State of New York. This license must be maintained for the duration of employment.
- Possess High School diploma/GED
- Minimum 3-5 years’ work or military experience
- Must be able to work an unsupervised
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Willingness to be on-call weekends as necessary
- Must be in excellent physical condition due to labor intensive routes and confined spaces
- Must have the ability Lift/Push/Pull/Carry up to 70 pounds chest high.
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear.
- Must be capable of wearing a respirator
- Possess or able to obtain state pest certification & business licensing [pursuant to state law]
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam